Post by Jᴀy V. Aꜱᴛᴇʀ 💀🐍 on Jan 1, 2019 2:23:18 GMT
1. Yes, for chaos drafts. No for everything else, but at the moment I use hours/minutes or something for those.
2. On top of what's already here, not that I know of?
3. I do wish there was a way to integrate the forum and Discord such that the things conducive to chat were on chat, yet we could still thread certain things, and also still let people have PPTs. That's one thing we still can't do on Discord, and it needs to be a thing. I'm gonna prod people to join here if they want the extra shit!
Oh, and I'm going to let the Discord people know to answer these. Or you can post in #announcements if you want.
Post by ladysilverbird on Jan 2, 2019 19:55:23 GMT
1. Do wordcount goals work for you? If not, what do you prefer?
This is a big hecking no from me. I loathe wordcount goals. Why? I've never been sure, however I do find them to be one of the easiest ways to track my progress. I feel like for me, personally, I have to set 'completionist' goals. So instead of words, I try to set a goal for a project, such as "I will finish a chapter of Project X" or "I want to complete Project Y."
2. Any events from elsewhere (current or inactive) you'd like to see on Steve?
I really love the Saturday Morning Steve write-ins, and would love to see more of them. I think I tend to produce my best work when I'm away from home, for some reason. Probably has something to do with anxiety over chores. I like to head to my favorite cafe and sit down and write with everyone, because it feels serene, but not lonely.
I really love the Steve Discord, and I love this forum. I want to use the forum more this year, because I feel like it is such a useful tool that has gone under-served due to the ease of access and communication that Discord has. I think Steve has facilitated a group of very supportive people in our endeavors for writing, and I love how you all try to keep it fun for everyone despite our differing levels of competitiveness. You all keep making me a better writer, and I appreciate that.
1. Wordcount goals work for me, as long as they're doable (or rather, if they feel doable to me). If they don't feel doable then they tend to backfire. I'm trying out a low wordcount goal per day this year and it's going well so far.
2. I'm really happy with where Steve is at as far as events go? But then again, events don't tend to motivate me as much, I'm finding.
3. I appreciate the Saturday write-ins, even though I can't always go to them. Like Bri, I'm going to try to be more active on the forum, because it could definitely be useful to me and I know Jay would love for the forum to be more active! I'll also try to encourage users to use it more often.
Siana Blackwood: looking at my wip list with the usual feeling of "I don't even know what happens in these, so how am I supposed to write a summary?"
Apr 4, 2023 7:48:18 GMT
Jᴀy V. Aꜱᴛᴇʀ 💀🐍: You don't have to. I just did mine because I happened to have bullet points I already did. Don't worry about structure or formality, it's just us
Apr 4, 2023 16:48:01 GMT
Jᴀy V. Aꜱᴛᴇʀ 💀🐍: Maybe a list of WIPs but instead of a summary it's one fun fact or one thing you really love about it? Or skip the list and post what you're listening to. Half the point of this place isn't to be strict but to just have fun and interact.
Apr 4, 2023 16:49:28 GMT