1. Yes, for chaos drafts. No for everything else, but at the moment I use hours/minutes or something for those.
2. On top of what's already here, not that I know of?
3. I do wish there was a way to integrate the forum and Discord such that the things conducive to chat were on chat, yet we could still thread certain things, and also still let people have PPTs. That's one thing we still can't do on Discord, and it needs to be a thing. I'm gonna prod people to join here if they want the extra shit!
Oh, and I'm going to let the Discord people know to answer these. Or you can post in #announcements if you want.
Post by ladysilverbird on Jan 2, 2019 19:55:23 GMT
1. Do wordcount goals work for you? If not, what do you prefer?
This is a big hecking no from me. I loathe wordcount goals. Why? I've never been sure, however I do find them to be one of the easiest ways to track my progress. I feel like for me, personally, I have to set 'completionist' goals. So instead of words, I try to set a goal for a project, such as "I will finish a chapter of Project X" or "I want to complete Project Y."
2. Any events from elsewhere (current or inactive) you'd like to see on Steve?
I really love the Saturday Morning Steve write-ins, and would love to see more of them. I think I tend to produce my best work when I'm away from home, for some reason. Probably has something to do with anxiety over chores. I like to head to my favorite cafe and sit down and write with everyone, because it feels serene, but not lonely.
I really love the Steve Discord, and I love this forum. I want to use the forum more this year, because I feel like it is such a useful tool that has gone under-served due to the ease of access and communication that Discord has. I think Steve has facilitated a group of very supportive people in our endeavors for writing, and I love how you all try to keep it fun for everyone despite our differing levels of competitiveness. You all keep making me a better writer, and I appreciate that.
1. Wordcount goals work for me, as long as they're doable (or rather, if they feel doable to me). If they don't feel doable then they tend to backfire. I'm trying out a low wordcount goal per day this year and it's going well so far.
2. I'm really happy with where Steve is at as far as events go? But then again, events don't tend to motivate me as much, I'm finding.
3. I appreciate the Saturday write-ins, even though I can't always go to them. Like Bri, I'm going to try to be more active on the forum, because it could definitely be useful to me and I know Jay would love for the forum to be more active! I'll also try to encourage users to use it more often.
tyess: Hello. So... what has happened this year?
Jun 5, 2019 14:03:00 GMT
mim: I wrote smut to amuse myself, but it forgot to become smut. They ended up fighting instead of in bed. Which was a problem when they were fanfic characters on a site too, actually...
Jun 10, 2019 3:52:14 GMT
Jᴀy A. Rᴀᴍᴀ 💀🐍: Well, you know what they say about how fight scenes and the other f word scenes are very similar-- they both involve lots of action. >
Jun 16, 2019 4:57:18 GMT
Corvid: hey gang! just shouting to say HELLO & i hope to produce Content and be more active in this community in the near future
Jul 17, 2019 21:00:21 GMT