1. If you haven't already, tell us about yourself in the introductions thread and a bit about what you like to write.
2. Create a Personal Progress Thread. The PPT is the heart of Steve. Here is where you will mainly interact with other members, list your monthly goals and tasks, and interact with other members. Think of it like a writing journal that...everyone can read. This is where you
3. Sign up for challenges. This isn't mandatory, of course, but if doing something each month (sorry, slacking doesn't count as a challenge) is your cup of tea, head over to the Challenges board to see what's happening. Most challenges have a thread of their own which you'll periodically update with your progress, usually a word count, a percentage, or a quick line. For more detailed, vague things, or longer descriptions, you can always ramble on in your PPT.
4. Declare your goals for the month in your PPT. Your goal can be as simple as 'win x challenge'. If you've signed up for challenges, you don't need to explicitly state your goals again. This is only if you have other tasks that are not part of a challenge. It's recommended that Steve members set goals and objectives at the beginning of the year and every month.
5. Have fun. Seriously, madness is mandatory. :-D
As ever, if you have any questions, you can always ask an admin. For site issues, please drop a line in the Help Thread.